Sunday, October 6, 2013

By Fatima Absar...



       “A smile costs nothing!!”

Some feelings are inexpressible. Sometimes you couldn’t find appropriate words either you even understand what you are actually feeling.

A memorable day with those who are left by their families. I won’t use the word unlucky for them but for the ones who has left them in those “Old Age Homes” and turned their faces from Allah’s mercy and blessings.

 I consider myself stupid because I was at the thought that how a human could do this and how could a Muslim can be such inhuman. How a Muslim country has “Old Age Homes” but unveiling of this cruel fact was unbearable.

To be very honest, it was much difficult to talk to someone you ever known to, but something make it happened - Feeling - understanding to their pain.

I have spent few hours there. Few of my friends had also accompanied me. We serve them lunch, talked to them; make them speak what they want to. Some of them cried, some were talking about their families they once belong to, with flashing memories and tears in eyes and a little beaming smile on face. It was quite difficult to hold the tears but has to control our emotions not to make them feel awkward.

Let me tell you what was much painful; when I gave a bar of chocolate to a lady her face lightened up holding that bar she accused: “My grandson will love to have it. I will keep it for him. Thank you dear!!” I was stunt, staring at her, nothing to say, tears had chocked my throat, I just smile hardly and gave her another bar.

I am not going to advise you, I am sharing this because I want you all to visit such places. “A smile coasts nothing!!”
Just memorize those awaited eyes, waiting for their children and others to visit them. Then the decision of not ever doing this will be yours!!


-Fatima Absar-

1 comment:

Unknown said...

heart touching! your feelings are very well expressed