Saturday, October 5, 2013

By Jaweria Siddiqui....


GRAND MA PLACE IN SMALL TOWN

The weekends meant visit to grand ma, gathering of cousins, aunts and uncles but now as I grew up I wonder where it vanished. The times were full of fun then I still remember how we used to play in the back store and wanted to go unnoticed.

My grand ma lived in landhi and it was the other world for me like going from the first world country to the third world country. There were goats on the roads wearing t shirts in summer and a sweater in winter. People have hens in their houses but apart from all this the real pleasure was the house of grand ma. 

The house was so big and the lawn was lavish. My childhood was spent there playing mad in mud. Grand pa was fond of gardening and he had many fruit plants we used to sneak out in the garden in afternoons and ate his fruits. No one ever catch us red handed but obviously we were asked every time though we never accepted yet convicted guilty. 

Once I remember one of my uncle’s car was parked in the parking area of the house me and my two younger cousins were playing out there. I was the one who gave the idea that the roof of this car is the shopping area where we went after every single minute to shop. Ultimately there were uncountable scratches and dents after half an hour approximately my father saw us from first floor and he stormed down to us. Next thing which I remember is the sound of a slap. I forget to mention that we go for shop on a bicycle……. 

My one guilty pleasure is making SHAMI KABABS of mud it was a real fun really and I decorate them perfectly with a touch of super chef telling a secret I learned to set platters there in the mud and now I get complimented every single time I serve anyone shami kbab (real ones). 

Some things you can’t just forget and you don’t even want to….such memories makes me happy and sad spontaneously. Now when I share this with my friends many of them ask sarcastically your granny was in landhi but I am thankful to ALLAH that she lived there so I know what little town mean how life there is unfortunately and fortunately she shifted to gulshan when I was only 12 however my early childhood days were spent there and at least I have something unique from my fellows that is the memories of that small town.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Bless our home and all those who enter as we..
gather aroun this table for pellow ship
:P:P nd good pood , good conversation , good times and lasting memories..:):)

Unknown said...

Bless our home and all those who enter as we..
gather aroun this table for pellow ship
:P:P nd good pood , good conversation , good times and lasting memories..:):)

Anonymous said...

Thats the place where we all enjoy

Unknown said...

impressive.. it send me back somewhere in my childhood :)