Tuesday, October 15, 2013

By Jaweria Siddiqui...


MY EID MY CHOICE 

Oh ! the bakra eid is here Eid Mubarak to all …… I love the days before eid. They are real fun having mad nights with animals and weird days with hairs a mess, kajal just a smear and in the name of dress a comfortable tees and jeans. 

I am like this on every eid but from past two or three years I got scolded, didn’t get a permission to go out. It started with the neighbors asking questions you are still out? You really love animals haan (sarcastically) and the limit was do you know that you are not looking cool you are a girl you should not be here bla bla bla...... 

I wanted to answer them but my parenting stops me I mean why on earth people judge others when my family is o.k with what I am doing then who the hell are you guys to tell me what should I be doing and what not? It irritates me why can’t people just mind their own business? It’s like they are unable to digest without judging someone. 

If I am a girl or in other words if I am not a boy it doesn’t mean that I can’t enjoy my life as I want to. I often get labeled as bold and over oh yes! I am bold however at least I don’t show off what I am not, I am bold in expressing my mind, I am bold to admit that I am a freak, I am bold to accept that I am girl and I will live as I want, I am bold to wear what comforts me although I never wore a revealing dress but again it’s my choice if someone is wearing it it’s up to them I am not going to decide the jannah or the hell for them. May be a girl appearing very fashionable prays five time a day. 

Stop judging others start thinking different rather positively. In last, only four words with a treasure hidden: “live and let live”.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

kher mubark :)
ap bari hu gai han ab isl ia sab mana krty hu ga ap ku :P
nice written :)